Join the Ackland Art Museum on an exclusive behind-the-scenes cultural tour of Philadelphia with Dana Cowen, the Ackland’s Sheldon Peck Curator of European and American Art before 1950. She and Katie Ziglar, Director of the Ackland, will guide us through the best art museums and private collections that Philly has to offer, including:
• Philadelphia Museum of Art
• Barnes Foundation
• Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
• Woodmere Art Museum
• Private Collections and Historical Sites
Throughout the trip, enjoy curated and intimate dining experiences at some of the city’s best restaurants, and stay at The Logan, a luxurious “hotel for art lovers” located in the heart of the city’s vibrant cultural district. We’ll also tour Philly’s Shofuso, a traditional 17th century-style Japanese house and garden located in Philadelphia’s West Fairmount Park and participate in a tea tasting. Multiple private collection visits will top off this unique opportunity!
SPACE IS LIMITED — PURCHASE TICKETS BELOW! Book as soon as possible to ensure your spot. We look forward to traveling with you!
PROGRAM RATE $3,600 per person ($6,000 for couple)
Only King rooms available; couple rate includes 1 shared hotel room for 2 individuals.
• Three nights in a King room at The Logan
• Museum admissions, tour fees, program tickets, access to private collections, guides, and experts
• One brunch, two lunches, three dinners, all beverages included
• Transportation around Philadelphia and the surrounding areas to/from all planned destinations
Please note that airfare, transportation to/from the airport, and travel insurance are not included.
ADDITIONAL TRAVEL INFORMATION:
• The nearest airport is Philadelphia International Airport (PHL); a 20-minute taxi/rideshare from the hotel.
• Planned activities start at 2 p.m. on Thursday, October 20, and finish by early afternoon on Sunday, October 23.
Feel free to extend your trip on either end!
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mary Gard, Director of External Affairs, at email@example.com or 919.843.3592
ABOUT DANA COWEN
Dana Cowen joined the Ackland in 2018 as the inaugural Sheldon Peck Curator for European and American Art before 1950. A specialist in sixteenth- and seventeenth-century northern European art, Dana previously served as the associate curator of European art at the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha, Nebraska, and formerly held several curatorial positions at the Cleveland Museum of Art. She earned an MA and PhD from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.
ABOUT KATIE ZIGLAR
Katie Ziglar is the Director of the Ackland Art Museum at UNC-Chapel Hill. Prior to joining the Ackland in 2016, Katie spent many years contributing substantially to the successful management of other visual arts organizations including the Smithsonian American Art Museum, the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, the National Gallery of Art, and most recently Smithsonian’s Freer|Sackler Galleries. Katie received a B.A. in history from UNC-Chapel Hill, where she was a John Motley Morehead scholar, and an M.A. in Islamic art and architecture from American University in Cairo.